Google Plus for businesses and brands is now available with the introduction of Google Plus Pages. Pages is basically the Google Plus version of Facebook Fan Pages.
Businesses have the chance to claim a profile on this social network so they can interact with and engage their customers and fans.
Google Plus Pages allows every business, big or small, to maintain a profile on Google Plus and use the service to communicate and interact with consumers.
A Google Plus Page is an easy way to increase the online visibility of your company.
What are Google+ Pages?
Not surprisingly, a Google+ Page is a lot like a Facebook Page. The Google+ Page provides a means for businesses to establish a presence on Google’s social network and engage with customers to share new products or services, provide added value, answer support questions, and more. For the most part, a Google+ Page is basically just a Google+ Profile set up for a business or brand rather than an individual.
Google adds a unique edge to its business pages with Direct Connect. Importantly to SEO, Google+ Pages will be indexed and appear in Google search results, but you can also jump straight to the Google+ Page of a business by simply typing “+” followed by the business name in a Google search.
For businesses, there are still some questions to address.
- Should you set up a Google+ Page for your business?
- Should you maintain it in addition to a Facebook Page, or abandon Facebook and just move to Google+?
- Should you share the same posts and information on both Facebook and Google+ or are they unique audiences that should have unique information and interactions?
How to set up a Google+ Page
The creation is rather easy, log in your Google plus account, click ‘Create page’, chose the category, enter country and address information, upload a picture and the basics are done.
- You must have a personal Google+ account in order to set up a business Page (just like FB).
- You can't add people into your Page's circles until they have added your Page to their circles first.
- You can't +1 anything as a Page (business), only as the person you are (profile).
- You can set up Multiple Pages (businesses) that are tied to your personal profile.
- No shared administration of the Google Plus Page (only one Administrator is allowed)
- No URL customization (yet...)
- Cyprus is not available in the country selection
What is your experience with Google+? Will you use it for your business? We'd love to hear from you.